Here is the press release from AVA
Hello A.V.A fans!
We will have an A.V.A content update on September 21st from 11:00PM to 22nd 6:00AM (server time). During this time, the servers will be temporarily unavailable. In this update:
New Capsule Weapons:
- Calico M950 (Pre-Release Capsule)
- G3A3 (Permanent Capsule)
New Weapon Shop Item:
- IMI99SR (Sniper)
- PGM.338 (Sniper)
- E-Boat [Escape]
- Event Channel: E-Boat [Escape]
1. Watermelon AI Event – In any ‘Scenario’ modes (Death Valley, Lockdown, Prison Break), some AI enemies will be equipped with a Watermelon Helmet and a Watermelon Melee Weapon.
2. Play one hour a day to receive 3,000 Euro as well as a 1 day Watermelon Helmet.
California: 9/21 @ 11:00PM – 2:00AM
New York: 9/22 @ 2:00AM – 5:00AM
Berlin: 9/22 @ 8:00AM – 11:00AM
For those of you that have never played AVA all this talk of Watermelon Helmets must seems rather bizarre. OK…even I think it’s bizarre — though I’m sure it must have seemed hilarious to the Koreans devs who came up with the idea.
The take away from all this is that A.V.A is having an “End of Summer Event” for their user base. If you just play one hour, you will automatically receive the in-game prizes! Prizes being the aforementioned Vitamin-C enriched weaponry and 3000 Euros* each day.
*Note that these are AVA in-game Euros…not real European Union Euros. In fairness, given that the latter currency is currently valuated somewhere between Monopoly money and an Indian rupee, an AVA Euro must seem rich in comparison and you should feel right proud to be paid 3000 AVA Euros/hr to play a video game.
In addition to the content additional changes have been made to the game. Here’s a list:
1. First Person Spectate – That’s right! No longer will you be staring at the back of your ally’s heads while you’re waiting to respawn. Player’s will now be able to spectate ally’s in first person.
2. Kick Function Removal in Scenario or AI Modes – It’s unfair for players to work hard during the entire AI mission and get kicked last second. You deserve your reward. Players can no longer be kicked in Scenario or AI modes.
3. Chatting System Changes:
A. You can now increase the chat box size manually.
B. Player’s Clan Mark will now be displayed next to your name in chat.
C. You can now double-click a player’s names in the chat to open a whisper to that player.
D. You can now right-click a player’s name to check their profile and stats.
E. You can now toggle between multiple players that have whispered you by clicking the ‘Insert’ key.
F. You can now toggle messages that you previously sent to players by holding ‘CTRL’ and using ‘Page Up and Page Down to toggle the message.
4. Capsule Changes:
A. The Capsule Names on the Capsule List will now change colors depending on how many capsules are left for that weapon.
B. The current capsule count will now be updated quicker.
5. Block Player Changes – When you block a player, you will now no longer see any text from that player regardless of text location (I.E. Whispering, lobby chat, etc.).
6. Demolition Rule Changes:
A. Round time limit changed from 3:00 to 2:30.
B. Tournament rules is currently set to 7 Rounds but a 5 Round option has been added.
C. The time left for defusing the bomb will now be shown visually.
7. Sprint Key Added – Along with tapping the ‘W’ key twice to sprint, you can now use the ‘Caps Lock’ key to toggle sprinting.
8. Farming Prevention – We’ve implemented various features that will prevent players from farming experience or supply. If you are found to be farming, you will receive an error message after your game as well as various penalties including loss of experience and supply, loss of weapon and item durability, etc.
9. Removal of Certain Backpack Items:
A. Backpack A – Grenade Slot and Kevlar Defense removed.
B. Backpack B – Grenade Slot and Helmet Protection removed.
C. Backpack C – Helmet Protection and Kevlar Defense removed.
10. Grenade Slot Expansion – Players will now be able to equip grenades in all 3 grenade slots instead of having to purchase the Grenade Slot backpack item (which has now been removed).
1. Suicide Deaths in Infection Fix – If you accidentally kill yourself in Infection Mode, you will no longer have to wait until the next round as you will now respawn as Infected.
2. Hammer Blow Map Fix – You can no longer plant the bomb on top of the tank in Hammer Blow.
3. C4 Defusing Fixes – The C4 will not be so easily cancelled while defusing if you happen to move your cursor or if another player gets in your way.
4. Moving Up and Down Stairs Fix – Player Movement status has been changed when going up/downstairs or similar small heightened areas. Instead of player moving in “falling” status it is now changed to “moving” status.
5. Whispering/Adding Friend Fix – You can now whisper or add players as friends even if they are in a different channel or server location.
6. Spas 15 Balance Fix – The customization part ‘Trigger 3′ will have its rate of fire and range bonus reduced slightly.
7. M67 Balance Fix – The M67 will now slightly lose damage depending on how far its thrown (only when thrown over a certain distance).
8. MK3A2 Balance Fix – Minor decreases to the flash effect.
1. Damage Display Meter Revised – Damage display meter will now be more accurate.
2. HUD UI Renewal:
A. HUD background image transparency changed.
B. Real-time battle information is no longer shown.
C. Round timer has been moved to a lower position.
D. Character change UI has been moved to the bottom center.
E. Dog tag image has been enlarged.
F. HP/AP gauge has been enlarged.
G. Demolition C4 timer added.
H. Spawn points will now show up more visually (even in bright areas).
Though seemingly simple enough, this goal is made somewhat hard to attain given that many of you will be stopped in your tracks, transfixed by the sight of the ample cleavage on the boat’s master-at-arms.
In the coming days I’ll try to explain some of the details of AVA which should provide some of the relevance of wearing fruit on your head. In the meantime, if you haven’t downloaded AVA or if you aren’t a member of the BASHandSlash clan…get busy!