Though we’re a PC shooter cast, it’s the end of the year and on this cast we look at the whole genre of 2011 PC games. We’ll get to the FPS titles soon enough, but this year, we had a raft of non-FPS games that frankly outshone and outdid most of the shoot-em’ups.
Aside from our co-hosts Chris, from the Blackmonkeys.de and Jim from FPSAdmin.com we have a special guest, Josh — you know him as JD_2020 — from aggregame.com on to talk about the games of 2011.
In addition to sizing up the games of the year, we get into a spirited discussion about gaming criticism and this year’s hot-button topic: Metacritic scores.
Here are some of the games we noticed this year:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare
- Saints Row: The Third, Volition, Inc.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda Softworks (voted by you as best game of the year..tied with Batman)
- Portal 2, Valve
- Total War: Shogun 2 (my vote for best non-FPS game of the year)
- Batman: Arkham City (voted by you as best game of the year..tied with Skyrim)
As for the FPS Games…there were many
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Infinity Ward)
- Battlefield 3 (EA DICE)
- Rage Shooter id Software
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dead Space 2
My vote? World of Tanks.
Find out what the guys voted for by listening to the cast!
Happy 2012 everyone!